25.6.10

Gardening My Heart


Gardening is one of my favorite chores. I visit my garden after feeding all the pets and before preparing breakfast for he family. This means I really have to be up before everybody else does to have enough time to say "good morning" to all my plants. I have diffrent varieties of them.Some need low maintenance which require only daily watering. Some need high maintenance which require fertilizer, exact amount of shed or sunlight, and occasional tilling of soil around them. And in this time of the year, where temperature reaches to 40+ degree Celcius, my plants need extra more water and care. That's a lot of work to do but I don't mind because I just love gardening.

Recently, I came to realize that I do gardening in my heart, too! I grow flowers in my garden as well as I grow love in my heart. My heart needs my daily attention (weeding is forgiving, tilling is cherishing, watering is serving, cultivating is building memories...) because love doesn't just grow by itself. 

"Shall we compare our hearts to a garden -
with beautiful blooms, straggling weeds,
swooping birds and sunshine, rain -
and most importantly, seeds.
~Grey Livingston

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and reflections are much appreciated. May you leave this site blessed.